Home cooked meals bring back childhood memories. In Iloilo, Ilonggos do have favorite soup dishes that are often served at homes. One of those is the KBL (Kadyos, Baboy at Langka). The secret of the soup is the smoky flavor.
- Unripe jackfruit, sliced into cubes.
- Pidgeon Peas (Kadyos)
- Young kamote leaves
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Slightly grill and smoke the Pork, slice into bite sizes and set aside.
- Chop the onions and garlic cloves.
- Sauté the chopped onions and garlic.
- Put in the smoked pork, continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water, boil until the pork becomes tender.
- Add the kadyos beans, sliced jackfruit, batwan, and bring to boil, wait till the jackfruit becomes tender.
- Then add the young kamote leaves and 2 pieces chili, bring to boil again.
- Serve while it is hot
There’s nothing that can beat a comfort food that reminds you of home.
Aside from KBL, Tinuom is also considered as an authentic Ilonggo soup!
Featured Image Source: https://ilonggocook.files.wordpress.com